FIFTY-FIVE 2006 WORLD EXCELLENCE AWARDS PRESENTED TO FORD'S GLOBAL SUPPLIERS
- Fifty-five World Excellence Awards were presented to Ford's global suppliers for their exemplary performance during 2006.
- Keynote speaker Alan Mulally, Ford president and chief executive officer, told suppliers their efforts and teamwork are critical to the success of Ford Motor Company.
DEARBORN, Mich., April 17, 2007 – Ford Motor Company tonight awarded its highest supplier honor – the World Excellence Award – to 55 of its global suppliers for their exemplary performance in 2006. More than 150 people, including Ford’s largest production and non-production global suppliers, attended the ninth annual event at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.
The World Excellence Awards recognize suppliers who not only achieve the highest levels of cost, quality and delivery, but recognize the diverse cultures, values, and ideas of the thousands of individuals they employ.
"We appreciate the contributions that these award-winning suppliers have made to Ford Motor Company, and applaud them for their hard work and dedication," said Tony (Thomas K.) Brown, senior vice president, Global Purchasing. "Their efforts have positively impacted customer satisfaction."
The keynote speaker was Ford Motor Company President and Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally, who said Ford and its suppliers are working together to reach common goals.
"Together, we are one team working on one plan with one goal in mind – build the products people really want to create profitable growth for everyone associated with our wonderful Ford Motor Company," Mulally said. "We can ensure a viable Ford Motor Company and a vibrant automobile industry if we go forward together."
There are three levels of World Excellence Awards – Gold, Silver and Recognition of Achievement. The Gold and Silver Awards are given to suppliers that excel in quality, cost and delivery; 15 Gold Awards and 34 Silver Awards were presented.
The Recognition of Achievement Award is given to suppliers that impact customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas: New Consumer-Focused Technology, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma, Durability and Reliability Performance, Corporate Responsibility, and Diversity and Community Service. Six suppliers received Recognition of Achievement Awards.
Suppliers earning the Gold Award (Quality, Cost & Delivery) are:
- ArvinMeritor, Inc.; Almussafes, Spain – Exhaust Systems
- Autoliv BKI S.A.; La Pobla de Vallbona, Spain – Air Bags
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG; Tondela, Portugal – Latches
- Durakon Industries; Lapeer, Michigan USA – Bed Liners
- Ewie Co., Inc.; Ann Arbor, Michigan USA – Cutting Tools & Abrasives
- Faurecia Interior Systems; Koln, Germany – Door Modules
- Fujikura Ltd.; Yamagata, Japan – Wiring Harnesses
- Intier Automotive Seating; Eastleigh, England – Seats
- Intier Automotive Seating; Excelsior Springs, Missouri USA – Seats
- Johnson Controls, Inc.; Shelbyville, Kentucky USA – Seats
- Lear Corporation; Genk, Belgium – Seats
- Ronal Polska Sp. z o.o.; Walbrzych, Poland – Wheels
- Stena Gotthard AB; Goteborg, Sweden – Recycling & Environmental Services
- Superior Industries International, Inc.; Pittsburg, Kansas USA – Wheels
- TRW Polska Sp. z o.o.; Czestochowa, Poland – Air Bags
Suppliers earning the Silver Award (Quality, Cost & Delivery) are:
- Aristeo Construction Company; Livonia, Michigan USA – Construction
- Autoliv B.V. & Co. KG; Dachau, Germany – Air Bags
- Autoliv North America; Columbia City, Indiana USA – Air Bags
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG; Saarwellingen, Germany – Door Modules
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG; Santa Margarida, Spain – Door Modules
- Continental Automotive Mexicana S.A. de C.V.; Silao, Mexico – Brake Assemblies
- Dalphi Metal Internacional, S.A.; Silla, Spain – Steering Wheels
- Delphi Corporation; New Castle, Indiana USA – Steering Columns
- Denso Manufacturing Athens Tennessee, Inc.; Athens, Tennessee USA – Emissions Sensors
- Dr. Franz Schneider, S.A.; Valencia, Spain – Instrument Panels
- Elanders Infologistics Vast AB; Goteborg, Sweden – Print Management
- Ewie Canada Co.; Windsor, Ontario, Canada – Cutting Tools & Abrasives
- Faurecia Interior Systems; Valencia, Spain – Door Modules
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek; Battle Creek, Michigan USA – Stampings
- Grupo Antolin-Dapsa , S.A.; Burgos, Spain – Seats
- Grupo Antolin-Logistik Deutschland, GmbH; Koln, Germany – Headliners
- Hayes Lemmerz Autokola, A.S.; Ostrava, Czech Republic – Wheels
- Hayes Lemmerz International – Frenos, S.A. de C.V.; Apodaca, Mexico – Brake Assemblies
- Hella Autotechnik, Ltd.; Mohelnice, Czech Republic – Lamp Assemblies
- International Automotive Components; Koln, Germany – Instrument Panels
- Johnson Controls, Inc.; Hudson, Wisconsin USA – Seats
- Latcha + Associates; Farmington Hills, Michigan USA – Creative Services
- Lear Corporation; St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada – Seats
- Linde Creighton Ltd.; West Midlands, England – Forklift Trucks
- Litens Automotive GmbH; Gelnhausen, Germany – FEAD Systems
- Magna Closures; Pisa, Italy – Latches
- Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.; Nagano, Japan – Audio & Navigation Systems
- P&A Industries, Inc.; Findlay, Ohio USA – Stampings
- Rehau AG + Co.; Viechtach, Germany – Spoilers
- Sanden Corporation; Gunma, Japan – A/C Compressors
- Sanyo Automotive, Inc.; Penang, Malaysia – Audio
- Stenco Construction Company, L.L.C.; Livonia, Michigan USA – Construction
- Tenneco Inc.; Valencia, Spain – Exhaust Systems
- Thyssenkrupp Presta Ilsenburg GmbH; Ilsenburg, Germany – Camshafts
Suppliers earning the Recognition of Achievement Awards are:
- Autoliv Sverige AB – New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Denso Corporation – Durability and Reliability Performance
- Johnson Controls, Inc. – Corporate Responsibility
- Kelly Services, Inc. – Diversity and Community Service
- Lear Corporation – Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma
- Novelis Inc. – New Consumer-Focused Technology