FIESTA ‘AGENTS’ ARE HEAVY HITTERS IN SOCIAL MEDIA
- The 100 chosen “agents” for Ford’s Fiesta Movement are social media experts with huge following in a wide variety of social media sites
- Networks include agents with thousands of MySpace fans, YouTube subscribers, Facebook friends and followers on Twitter
- With diverse backgrounds and demographics, each agent is a key part of representing the social media community
CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
As a part of the Fiesta Movement, Ford’s new platform to promote the 2011 Fiesta coming to the United States, the chosen agents will drive a Fiesta for up to six months. Agents will bring along millions of consumers on their “missions” each month by creating content about the experiences for their social networks. Agents also will provide valuable feedback to Ford in preparation for the launch of the 2011 Fiesta in the United States next year.
“These agents are ready for adventure and eager to spread the word with their friends, fans and followers. They’re going to take our Fiestas on missions across the country and share how much fun they are having.”
– Connie Fontaine,
Ford’s Brand Content and Alliances Manager
Fiesta Movement agents reflective of the social media community, with a diverse group from many different environments. These 100 agents do have some commonalities – they are technologically adept, socially vibrant and eager to spread the word about their favorite experiences.
Social media specialists
- Two applicants have more than 30,000 MySpace friends
- Six applicants are YouTube personalities with more than 20,000 subscribers
- Seven applicants are bloggers with more than 100,000 views per month
- Eight applicants have more than 2,000 Facebook friends
- Twenty applicants have more than 2,000 followers on Twitter
Chosen agents largely will resonate with Millennials, the next-generation consumer group born between 1979 and 1985. These consumers, which will total 70 million drivers by 2010, use social media daily and offer a prime opportunity for Ford to tap into a group that hasn’t yet established brand loyalty.
All potential agents applied online, with 4,000 hopefuls sending in videos demonstrating why they would be the best agents of change for Ford. Agents were chosen based on:
- Established social networks
- Strong Web presence
- Ability to present a story
- Vibrant personality
The videos – which ranged from informative to humorous – proved popular even with those not applying. They received a combined 640,000 views on YouTube.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 213,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company's wholly owned brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.ford.com.