FIESTA AGENTS LEND A HAND FOR AUGUST MISSIONS
- Fiesta Movement agents are giving back and volunteering their time for August missions, with actor Mario Lopez kicking off this month of social activism
- Agent postings have garnered significant numbers on social media sites – nearly 2.8 million YouTube views, more than 365,000 Flickr views and 2.3 million-plus Twitter impressions
- New Fiesta remains Ford of Europe’s best-selling car in 2009 and leads segment in Germany; 39,900 Fiestas were sold in July
CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
Four months into their adventures, the Fiesta agents’ August missions are taking them in a new direction – as volunteers. Whether spending time at the Smithsonian Institute, delivering food for Meals on Wheels or helping build playgrounds for KaBOOM, agents are pitching in to give back. To jump-start enthusiasm for the missions, actor Mario Lopez took a Ford Fiesta filled with sports equipment to a Boys and Girls Club in the Los Angeles area.
As part of the Fiesta Movement social media initiative, 100 young trendsetters are test-driving and living with a European-spec Fiesta for six months, traveling as agents on special missions. They then relate their experiences through a variety of social media sites.
August missions – social activism
Fiesta Movement agents are exploring the theme of social activism in August. With 100 missions to choose from, agents select missions that fall within their interests, and do their part to give back to the local community.
These August missions didn’t kick off in an ordinary way, either. Actor Mario Lopez was on hand to take a Fiesta filled with sports equipment and deliver it to a Los Angeles-area Boys and Girls Club.
Check out the video: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/08/mario_throws_a_fiesta_for_the.php
August missions include:
- Spending a day as a volunteer at the Smithsonian Institute, soaking in the history and helping others do the same. After interviewing Smithsonian employees about their favorite exhibits, the agent will leave them with a $500 donation to help keep history and science alive.
- Visiting Pinup for Pups headquarters for a behind-the-scenes look into the organization that makes puppy pinup calendars and donates the proceeds to helping stray dogs. After interviewing the Pinup for Pups founder, the agent will choose a pup to pose for a photo to be included in its next calendar, and donate $500 to help the cause.
- Helping out at KaBOOM, a nonprofit organization that seeks to provide kids with playgrounds to let loose on. The agent can help with the National Campaign for Play, tackle a do-it-yourself playground or launch an initiative to get a playground built in his or her neighborhood, and will donate $500 to the organization at the end.
- Volunteering at a local chapter of Meals on Wheels. By helping with the meal deliveries or spending time at headquarters, the agent can see how it’s done and share the story. By donating $500, the agent will keep bringing happiness to those in need.
During each mission and after its completion, the agents upload content to the Fiesta Movement Web site or the social media platform of their choice. Using www.fiestamovement.com, visitors can follow the ride by accessing the live feed feature to keep current on what the agents have to say about Fiesta and their missions.
Spreading the word
After kicking off the Fiesta Movement and embarking on their first missions in May, agents created a big impression in the social media world, including:
- Nearly 2.8 million video views on YouTube
- More than 365,000 photo views on Flickr
- More than 2.3 million impressions on Twitter
Agents have been producing fun and entertaining content through social media to tell about their time with a Fiesta, including:
- Agent Hilary drove across the country to elope on Lookout Mountain in a dress she had designed to match her Fiesta: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hilabean/3721855751/
- Agent Bryan traveled to the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb to see the Fiesta rally car in action: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36940612@N02/3740605139/
- Agent Brittani helped create and install a piece of Fiesta-inspired art in her house: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS4X-ffsbks
Fiesta sales success
Fiesta is continuing its sales momentum as Europe’s No. 2-selling car and Ford of Europe’s top-selling vehicle, helping Ford’s share in the main 19 European markets increase for the seventh consecutive month. Nearly 340,000 Fiestas have been sold since the car was launched last autumn, with 39,900 delivered to customers in July. In Germany, Fiesta also became the segment leader in July, the first time since the vehicle’s market entry there in October 2008.
In Europe the Fiesta name has long been synonymous with outstanding drive quality, design and value. The all-new Ford Fiesta will take its three-decade heritage to U.S. consumers in 2010.
“These volunteer missions are the perfect way to showcase a different side of the agents and connect them with an even larger audience.”
– Connie Fontaine,
Ford brand content and alliances manager
“Fiesta agents are taking their missions to the next level, and their followers are recognizing that. The numbers keep rising, and that’s no accident.”
– Sam De La Garza,
small car marketing manager
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 205,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.ford.com.