FIESTA MOVEMENT AWARDS CEREMONY RECOGNIZES TERRIFIC MISSION VIDEOS, PHOTOS
Fiesta Movement Awards Celebration
Click here to download related images.
- Fiesta Movement agents and friends took part in the Fiesta Movement Awards Celebration Tuesday night, an event to mark their experiences and hard work over the last several months
- Agent Natasha T. won "Best Body of Work – Videos" for her set of monthly mission videos. Other awards presented included one for each monthly mission theme, "Best Body of Work – Photos" and a "People's Choice" award
- Current TV and Current TV Online will play event highlights today at 8:30 p.m. PST
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 2, 2009 – Fiesta Movement agents are known for their creative videos and photos that push the limits, and at an awards ceremony at the Palladium in L.A. last night, that creative content was honored. Whether it was helping out a charity, checking out a space shuttle launch or even getting married, Fiesta Movement agents showed the online world they know how to produce exciting content.
"This was the perfect way to say thank you to our agents," said Connie Fontaine, Ford brand content and alliances manager. "We also got to present awards to agents whose videos went above and beyond our expectations, and really captured the spirit of Fiesta."
Awards presented include:
Best Body of Work – Videos Natasha T. won for the following videos:
- Travel – Natasha heads to the Kennedy Space Center to watch the space shuttle Atlantis launch. Check out the video at http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/115.
- Technology – Natasha takes an unusual approach to showing off the technology available in the Fiesta: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/184.
- Style and Design – Natasha sets up a wild photo shoot, all staged around her Fiesta: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/361.
- Social Activism – Natasha uses lavish costumes, arresting imagery and the contrast between gluttony and hunger in the world to illustrate the need for Meals on Wheels: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/391.
- Adventure – Natasha took on an adventure that's (almost) out of this world, by showing viewers the closest thing to zero gravity at Zero-G: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/646.
Best Body of Work – Photos Agent Beto won this category. Using shots from all over San Francisco to pictures taken on a cross-country road trip, Beto made sure to show his Fiesta in the best light. And most importantly, in unique and fun settings. Check out his photostream at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mooncricketfilms.
Best Travel Mission Agents Brad and Emma won for their video "Neither Rain Nor Snow." Acting as "mules" for the day, they delivered packages from Harry & David to the National Guard Armory, and got a "taste" of Harry & David along the way. At the company's headquarters in Medford, Ore., Brad and Emma worked on the conveyor belt helping make the gourmet treats, than packaged them up and delivered the food: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/24.
Best Technology Mission Agent Ryan won for his video "Will It Blend?" Taking his Fiesta to Blendtec's headquarters in Orem, Utah, Ryan got the latest on the technology that makes the company's blenders puree, whip, chop and blend up whatever you put into them. He was even asked to find something Fiesta-related to blend: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/118.
Best Style and Design Mission Agent Hillary won for her video "Heavens to Etsy." Chronicling her journey from California to Tennessee to elope, Hillary shares the couple's adventures along the way and the honeymoon after. With a little help from the Web site www.etsy.com, they prepped for the wedding before setting out: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/348.
Best Social Activism Mission Agent Hugh's video, "To Moms, With Love," won this award. Working to raise awareness for Mrs. Dude's Boob Fund, a charity that aids cancer research and stricken families, Hugh sets up camp at the Sioux Empire Fair in South Dakota. Free T-shirts, a good cause and a good heart make this video a winner: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/488.
Best Adventure Mission Agents Brad and Maria's video for the mission, "See Ya Later Alligator," won this award. On a trip to Gatorland theme park in Florida, these agents take a walk on the wild side and learn how to wrestle with alligators. Watch your hands!: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/525.
Best Entertainment Mission Agent Jody's video for her mission, "Big Tempin' with Jordan Carlos," ruled this category. In a rap video about living the life of a temp, Jody puts her skills to the test – and succeeds. She makes sure to touch on all aspects of office life, in a humorous and creative way: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/760.
People's Choice The award went to Courtney Force. As voted on by Fiesta Movement fans and followers at www.fiestamovement.com, Courtney's missions included organizing a can drive, testing out her feng shui design skills and showing off all the cool technology on her Fiesta. Check out her profile here: http://fiestamovement.com/agents/view/15.
Other awards handed out at a dinner before the ceremony include:
- Youngest Person to Vomit in a Fiesta: http://twitter.com/johnherman/statuses/3741091856
- Best Prank: http://italktosnakes.blogspot.com/2009/06/car-face-monster.html
- Best Cameo Appearance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2iE61TfxiE
- Best Car Makeover: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiestavus/3775606054
- Most Life-Changing Mission: http://www.fiestamovement.com/missions/view/22
For Fiesta Movement followers who want to see the awards ceremony, Current TV (check your local listings) and Current TV Online – www.current.com – will play highlights from the ceremony today at 8:30 p.m. PST.
As part of the Fiesta Movement social media initiative, 100 young trendsetters are test driving and living with European-spec Ford Fiestas for six months, traveling as agents on special missions. They then go on to relate their experiences through a variety of social media sites.
Throughout the Fiesta Movement, agents have traveled more than 1.4 million miles and have generated more than 6 million YouTube views, nearly 740,000 Flickr views and more than 3.7 million Twitter impressions. The Fiesta Movement and test drive program has resulted in more than 80,000 hand-raisers.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 200,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.ford.com.