Ford Launches All-New Global Fiesta in India
- Ford's global All-New Fiesta premium sedan arrives here as first of the eight new global vehicles slated for launch in India by mid-decade
- The All-New Ford Fiesta is all set to engage and elevate customers with its eye-catching kinetic design, first-in-segment features and intuitive in-cabin technology for communication on the move
- Available in Style, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Plus trims with all new 1.5 L Ti-VCT (petrol) and 1.5 L Duratorq TDCi (diesel) engine options, with a choice of seven trendy colours
- All-New Fiesta premium trims start with the 1.5 L Ti-VCT Style at Rs. 823,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi) going up to the top-of-the-line 1.5 L TDCi ‘Titanium Plus’ at Rs. 10,42,200 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
- Ford India’s world class manufacturing facility near Chennai is the sixth plant to build the award-winning All-New Fiesta which has sold over a million units across five continents worldwide
DELHI, India, 14 July, 2011 – Ford India launched its global sedan, the All-New Fiesta, in the city today. The premium sedan, since its reveal earlier this year, has grabbed the attention of car buyers in India with its engaging and intuitive passenger communication technology. The globally evolved product brings to its segment a new meaning to passenger safety, delivers class-leading fuel efficiency and comes with first-in-segment smart features such as cruise control, electric power assisted steering (EPAS) and Advanced Bluetooth Voice Control.
Ford India today also introduced its first-ever 1.5-litre powertrains – 1.5 L Ti-VCT and 1.5 L Duratorq TDCi engines that will drive the premium sedan. The engines are designed and tuned to deliver an uncompromising razor-sharp performance, addictive drivability and best-in-class fuel efficiency. Both powertrains will be manufactured in Ford India’s state-of-the-art engine plant at Maraimalai Nagar.
The All-New Fiesta is available in four premium trims, across eight variants – Style, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Plus, with both petrol and diesel powertrain options in manual transmission. The 1.5 L Ti-VCT Style is priced at Rs. 823,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi) and the 1.5 L Duratorq TDCi Titanium Plus at Rs. 10,42,200 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Ford India is offering Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS), electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD), airbags and steering wheel audio controls as standard features among others, across all eight variants in both petrol and diesel options.
“We are excited to launch the All-New Fiesta to India and reiterate our One Ford vision by bringing you the first of the eight new global vehicles to be launched here by 2015. This premium sedan, with its many first-in-segment and innovative features, brings to its segment class-leading passenger safety, precision engineering and in-cabin technology and elevates the customer experience to a new level of engagement and connectivity while on the move,” said Michael Boneham, president and managing director of Ford India.
“Ford India is proud to be the sixth manufacturing location in the world to produce the All-New Fiesta,” he added.
Bold new exterior and interiors
At first sight, the kinetic design and bold and sexy exteriors of Fiesta appear international and flamboyant, aerodynamic and sporty – and make a style statement.
The All-New Fiesta's seductive and aesthetic interiors reveal an advanced technological cockpit which is intuitive and impressively modern. The car comes equipped with exciting new features like an intuitive human-machine interface, first-in-segment Advanced Bluetooth Voice Control that allow for hands-free control over six functions such as phone, radio, CD, USB, iPod and electronic climate control.
The first-in-segment EPAS with Pull Drift Compensation technology adapts to changing road conditions leading to increased safety and control. Dual front air bags with ABS and EBD (standard across all variants) as well as an ultra-high strength body reinforced with aluminized boron steel in the All-New Fiesta make for an engaging and safe drive.
The All-New Fiesta is being launched in seven exciting colours – Diamond White, Moondust Silver, Sea Grey, Chill, Panther Black, Squeeze and Kinetic Blue.
An engaging drive, unmatched safety
Powered by all-new fuel-efficient 1.5 L Ti-VCT and 1.5 L Duratorq TDCi powertrains developed for India and built in Chennai, the new sedan delivers excellent handling in city as well as highway conditions, without sacrificing its essentially sporty character.
Both engines offer best-in-class fuel economy: 1.5 L Ti-VCT delivers 17 km/L and the 1.5 L Duratorq TDCi, 23.5 km/L1.
“Our extensive research revealed customers’ inclination and aspiration towards technology and we have the right product in the All-New Fiesta which addresses that requirement giving serious consideration to safety on the move. While adding dynamism and diversity to our showrooms across the country, this premium and engaging sedan brings in Ford’s global essence to the Indian market,” said Nigel Wark, executive director of Marketing, Sales and Service at Ford India.
Specially tuned front struts, bushings, damper stabiliser bars and a rear twist-beam axle provide sure-footed performance and comfort. The reinforced construction provides the necessary safety on the roads.
Fiesta's ability to hug the road and cruise quietly is made possible by its rigid body structure, which Ford engineers have strengthened in many critical areas. More than 55 percent of the structure uses high-strength steel with ultra-strong boron steel reinforcing several key points.
The result is best-in-class occupant safety: passengers are better protected in the event of a side impact. Safety is also enhanced by standard front driver and passenger airbags on all models.
Lower cost of ownership and reliability
Ford India is offering a 2-year warranty/ 100,000 km to ensure the peace of mind that comes with owning the latest Ford. The years of research, superior materials and the best of engineering also bring to the customer a lower cost of ownership.
"With a comprehensive mix of technology, safety and comfort features, the dynamic new Fiesta packs in a peaceful and enduring ownership experience," Wark added.
Ford India offers a hassle-free service and ownership experience with the All-New Fiesta through its 189 3S grade sales and service outlets in 107 Indian cities.
The all-new Fiesta at a glance
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency and low-emissions: 17 km/L (petrol) and 23.5 km/L (diesel) as per ARAI; BS-IV compliant engines1
- First-in-segment Advanced Bluetooth Voice Control: Hands-free control over mobile phone, radio, CD, USB, iPod and electronic climate control
- First-in-segment electronic power assisted steering (EPAS) with Pull Drift Compensation technology adapts to changing road conditions
- First-in-segment cruise control: Fiesta’s cruise control allows the driver to set and maintain speeds while driving on highways
- Best-in-class Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH): A super quiet cabin and rattle-free ride
- Class-leading climate control: Superior air-conditioning with faster cooling and electronic climate control
- Class-leading safety: Front dual airbags, construction with high strength and boron steel provide better protection, Anti-Lock Brake system (ABS) and electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD)
- Rear Parking Sensors: Better control while reversing
- Eye-catching Kinetic Design: Sweeping bold lines, sculpted, clamshell bonnet and prominent wheel arches drive its attractiveness
1. The stated figures are from a recent ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) study where the All-New Fiesta global sedan returned 17 km/L and 23.5 km/L respectively.
About Ford in IndiaEstablished in 1995, Ford India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader. Ford India manufactures and distributes automobiles and engines made at its modern integrated manufacturing facilities at Maraimalai Nagar, near Chennai. The company’s models include the Endeavour, Fiesta Classic and Figo.Ford’s operations in the country also include Global Business Services, comprising of Ford Business Services Center and Ford Technology Services India. Located in Chennai and Coimbatore, these units support Ford globally in the areas of IT, accounting and finance, financial services and automotive operations support, global analytics and engineering services. Ford’s businesses in India employ 10,000 hard-working, dedicated men and women.For more information, visit www.india.ford.com