FORD RECOGNIZES TOP GLOBAL SUPPLIERS THAT DELIVERED WORLD-CLASS PERFORMANCE IN 2008
- Thirty-six suppliers from eight countries received Ford's World Excellence Awards for 2008.
- Suppliers are recognized for helping Ford achieve superior quality, delivery and cost performance, as well as initiatives that improve customer satisfaction.
DEARBORN, Mich., June 23, 2009 – Ford Motor Company honored its top suppliers Monday evening with the Ford World Excellence Awards, the company's highest recognition for suppliers. Thirty-six suppliers representing operations in eight countries were recognized in various categories at the 11th annual gathering of the event.
The Ford World Excellence Awards honor production and non-production suppliers that not only provide products and services at the highest levels of quality and cost, but that also embrace the ONE Ford vision.
During the ceremony at Ford World Headquarters, Tony Brown, group vice president, Global Purchasing, recognized Ford's supplier partners for their extraordinary contributions and commitment to the ONE Ford team.
"The achievement of Ford's ONE Goal depends upon all members of the ONE Ford team working together," said Brown. "We salute the supplier winners of the 2008 World Excellence Awards for providing products and services that reach the highest standards for technology, quality and cost. You are part of the ONE Ford team, and your contributions move us closer to our goal of delivering profitable growth for all. Congratulations."
There are three different awards: Gold, Silver and Recognition of Achievement. The Gold and Silver awards are presented to Ford's top production and non-production suppliers that consistently demonstrate superior quality, delivery and cost performance.
The third award, Recognition of Achievement, is given to suppliers that improve customer satisfaction by leading key initiatives: New Consumer-Focused Technology, Warranty Improvement, Diversity and Community Service, Corporate Responsibility, and Consumer Driven 6-Sigma.
The winners are:
- Active Aero Group; Belleville, Michigan, USA – Air Charter Logistics
- Autoliv; Dachau, Germany – Air Bags
- Autoliv; La Pobla de Vallbona, Spain – Air Bags
- Behr; Neustadt/Donau, Germany – A/C Units
- Budco; Highland Park, Michigan, USA – Marketing Services
- Inalfa Roof Systems; Holly, Michigan, USA – Moon Roof Systems
- Magna Seating; Excelsior Springs, Missouri, USA – Seats
- RDA Group; Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, USA – Market Research
- Systrand Manufacturing; Brownstown Township, Michigan, USA – Transmission Components
- Team Detroit; Dearborn, Michigan, USA – Advertising
- TRW; Czestochowa, Poland – Air Bags
- ZF Industries; Gainsville, Georgia, USA – Manual Transmissions
- Abel Services; Louisville, Kentucky, USA – General Contracting & CCM
- Brose; Hallstadt, Germany – Door Modules
- Brose; Swaarwellingen, Germany – Door Modules
- Brose; Santa Margarida, Spain – Door Modules
- Ewie Company; Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA – Cutting Tools
- Fanuc Robotics America; Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA – Robots
- International Door Systems; Hermosillo, Mexico – Door Modules
- Masterguard; Veedersburg, Indiana, USA – Bumpers
- M&M Cartage Company; Louisville, Kentucky USA – Transportation
- Penske Logistics; Reading, Pennsylvania, USA – Logistics Services
- Pirelli Neumaticos; Barcelona, Spain – Tires
- Recaro; Kirchheim/Teck, Germany – Seats
- Robert Bosch; Charleston, South Carolina, USA – Brakes
- Robert Bosch; Immenstadt, Germany – Brakes
- Robert Bosch; Waiblingen, Germany – Transmission Solenoids
- Ronal; Jičín, Czech Republic – Wheels
- Ronal; Walbrzych, Poland – Wheels
- Ru Yang Industry; Tainan, Tawain – Instrument Panels
- Saturn Electronics & Engineering; Coopersville, Michigan, USA – Solenoids
- Takata-Petri; Aschaffenburg, Germany – Air Bags
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics; Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, USA – Ocean Transportation – Finished Vehicles
- Warn Industries; Milwaukie, Oregon, USA – Axles
- Zubi Advertising; Coral Gables, Florida, USA – Advertising
Recognition of Achievement
- Continental Automotive; Vienna, Austria – Consumer Driven 6-Sigma
- Conti Temic Microelectronic; Ingolstadt, Germany – New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Emcon Technologies; Columbus, Indiana, USA – Warranty Improvement
- Hewlett Packard; Palo Alto, California, USA – Corporate Responsibility
- Johnson Controls; Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA – Diversity and Community Service
- Meritor Suspension Systems; Hopkinsville, Kentucky, USA – Consumer Driven 6-Sigma
- Michelin North America; Greenville, South Carolina, USA – Corporate Responsibility
- ThingMagic; Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA – New Consumer-Focused Technology
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 205,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.ford.com.