Ford Motor Company ("Ford", "we", "our") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. It is our sincere hope that by explaining our data handling practices, we will develop a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you.
The Media Website is owned by Ford Motor Company US, whose registered address is One American Road, Dearborn, MI 48126, U.S. The Media Website is administered in the U.S.
The business purpose of this website is to provide you access to information related to Ford Motor Company and our products including news articles, product information and executive biographies. If you register to use this site, you may utilize the “Briefcase” feature which provides a personal storage area for items of interest to you, and request emails.
Cookies and Other Tools
Please refer to the www.Ford.co.UK Cookie Guide by clicking here for further information about these tools and how they are used.
Online Tracking Information
When you visit this site analytics providers may collect information about your online activity over time and across websites.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals other than cookies, Ford Motor Company does not currently respond to undefined “DNT” signals to its US websites.
Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, however, this may prevent you from having access to some functions or services on our sites.
See Sections 5 and 7 for more information.
2. Personal data We Collect From You:
You are able to provide the following categories of personal data on the Media Website:
- Contact Information
- Log in credentials
3. How We Use the Personal data We Collect:
We may use your Media Website Personal Data to:
- Fulfill a site user request (e.g., to allow media members to be considered for access to the website, create log in credentials, send emails, store saved items of interest in the “Briefcase”)
- Respond to your comments or requests for information
- Meet a request for or to develop new products or services
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
- Develop new and improved products, services and marketing
- Contact you if necessary in the course of processing your registration
- Generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services
- Compile user data that is stored in our corporate database Match personal data collected here with data about you that we collect through other sources
- Comply with legal requirements
4. Sharing Your Information:
Ford will not share, sell, or rent Media Website Personal Data to independent companies for their own use without your consent.
We may also share Media Website Personal Data with our vendors, contractors or partners for purposes connected with the Media Website, and to send you emails if you opt in.
We may disclose Media Website Personal Data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Transfer of your data
5. Security of Your Information:
Safeguarding your data is important to us. While no systems, applications or websites are 100% secure, we use systems, policies and procedures to maintain the accuracy of your data and to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Vendors, contractors or partners who have access to Media Website Personal Data in connection with providing services for Ford are required to keep it secure.
6. Links to Other Sites:
7. Children’s Privacy:
We do not knowingly intend to collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
If a child has provided us with personal data a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at the email address listed in section 14 if they want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for The Media Website.
8. Access to Information and Contacting Us:
To correct or update your personal data, log in to the website, and go to our profile to access and update your personal data and preferences. The scope of access available for this request is for information stored in the database that holds the data for The Media Website.
- You are entitled to find out if we hold any personal data about you by making a 'subject access request' under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold personal data about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why we are holding it;
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- Let you have the data in intelligible form
To ask us for this information, please contact us at the address provided in Section 10. We may ask you to prove your identity before providing you with any information.
The Media Website is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy and the handling of your data. The Media Website will be happy to respond to your questions and comments.