- Ford delivers global debut for all-new S-MAX at Paris Motor Show; sports activity vehicle reinvented with more tech, style and driving fun
- New Ford C-MAX and Grand C-MAX also make motor show debut; redesigned inside and out with improved fuel efficiency, advanced technology, and enhanced refinement
- The all-new European-spec Ford Mustang – set to go on sale across Europe – makes its motor show debut
- Paris marks European motor show debut for all-new Edge that will head Ford’s SUV line-up in Europe with advanced technology, sophisticated design and enhanced driving dynamics
- New sporty Ford Focus ST and Focus ST diesel shown for first time at a motor show
PARIS MOTOR SHOW PRESS KIT
PARIS, Oct. 1, 2014 – The all-new Ford S-MAX – a stylish and innovative reinvention of the trend-setting seven-seat sports activity vehicle – makes its global public debut at the 2014 Paris Motor Show as part of a host of new vehicles from Ford in Europe.
Ford also will unveil the stylish new C-MAX and Grand C MAX multi-activity vehicles, redesigned inside and out with improved fuel efficiency, comfort and refinement. The European-spec version of the all-new Ford Mustang also debuts in Paris. The iconic sports car will be sold across Europe for the first time in its 50-year history.
Ford’s upscale all-new Edge sport utility vehicle makes its European motor show debut, in Paris. The spacious and high-tech Edge will be the flagship of Ford’s growing SUV line-up in Europe when it debuts next year.
Also making its motor show debut in Paris is the new Ford Focus ST. More agile and refined than ever before, the new Focus ST is for the first time offered with a choice of performance petrol or diesel engines.
“I can’t remember a more exciting time for new product in Ford of Europe,” said Stephen Odell, Ford executive vice president, Europe, Middle East and Africa. “The new S-MAX and C-MAX set a new standard for stylish family vehicles. We are entering a new era for performance with the new Mustang and Focus ST. And with the new Edge, we will now have our strongest ever SUV line-up for Europe.”
All-new S-MAX offers unique appeal
The all-new Ford S-MAX offers style, driving pleasure and advanced features without sacrificing space, flexibility or fuel efficiency.
On sale next year, S-MAX will debut in Europe Ford Adaptive Steering, which continually changes the ratio between the steering and road wheels according to vehicle speed. A new integral link rear suspension concept featuring reduced-weight aluminium components helps to achieve class-leading driving dynamics and improves refinement and ride quality.
New, responsive and sophisticated powertrains, include the new 160 PS 1.5-litre and 240 PS 2.0-litre EcoBoost engines. Diesel powertrain CO2 emissions will be reduced by an anticipated seven per cent, with options including a 120 PS 2.0-litre TDCi and revised 150 PS and 180 PS 2.0-litre TDCi engines. Ford Intelligent All-Wheel Drive also will be offered for the first time.
The S-MAX will be the first Ford to feature Dynamic LED Headlamps with Glare-Free Highbeam to maintain maximum illumination without distracting other road users. Ford’s Pre-Collision Assist is first in segment and will assist in mitigating accidents even at motorway speeds.
The sleek and sporty exterior is complemented by a sophisticated interior optimised for comfort with segment-first front Ford Multi-Contour Seats. All-new S-MAX offers 32 seating and loadspace combinations, and segment-first Easy-Fold second and third row seats.
Enhanced styling and efficiency for C-MAX
Ford’s new C-MAX multi-activity vehicle family delivers a sleeker exterior design with the company’s distinctive inverted trapezoidal grille, sleeker, more chiselled front headlamps and more rectangular, elongated fog-lamps.
The new interior features fewer controls and switches, and higher quality trims and new black satin and chrome detailing for a cleaner, modern look. Improved stowage options include a redesigned centre storage console with sliding, integrated armrest, and swing bin glovebox.
The models will introduce advanced technology including the Hands-Free Liftgate to the multi-activity vehicle segment, and will feature Ford’s SYNC 2. Reduced noise, vibration and harshness has been achieved with thicker side glass, more absorbent acoustic seals, and acoustic dampening within the engine bay.
C-MAX models will be equipped for the first time with a new 1.5-litre EcoBoost engine and 105 PS 1.5-litre TDCi ECOnetic engine – expected to deliver 99 g/km CO2 in the five-seat C-MAX.*
Iconic Ford Mustang for Europe
The Ford Mustang will deliver world-class levels of performance and refinement, as well as classic design elements. These will include the sleek profile, three-dimensional, tri-bar taillamps and signature trapezoidal grille with the shark-bite front fascia. The European trim includes revised rear tail lamps, side mirrors and front end treatment.
The new Ford Mustang also features all-new front and rear suspension systems and standard Performance Pack chassis tuning for Europe. Ford’s acclaimed 5.0 litre V8 engine will yield 418 PS and 524 Nm of torque, and the 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine delivers 314 PS and 434 Nm.
Ford Edge upscale sport utility vehicle and advanced Ford Focus ST
The all-new Ford Edge will deliver advanced new technologies when it joins the new Kuga medium-sized SUV and the all-new EcoSport small SUV in Ford’s expanding SUV range.
Edge also will feature Ford Adaptive Steering, introduces to Europe Active Noise Cancellation technology, and is available with two versions of Ford’s 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engine. The 180 PS version delivers 400 Nm of torque and projected 149 g/km CO2, with 6-speed manual transmission; a 210 PS version delivers 450 Nm of torque and projected 159 g/km CO2, with 6-speed PowerShift automatic and paddle-shift controls.
New chassis control technologies, tuned suspension and steering, and a bespoke tyre specification ensure an even more responsive, balanced and refined Focus ST. The diesel model is the most fuel-efficient and lowest CO2 Ford performance car ever.
“These great new vehicles will kick start what I believe will be another major year for Ford of Europe”, Odell said. “2015 will be a year in which the Ford of Europe product-led business transformation continues to make significant advances.”
# # #
* The declared fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors play a role in determining a car's fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming. Results in MPG also correspond to this European drive cycle and are stated in imperial gallons. The results may differ from fuel economy figures in other regions of the world due to the different drive cycles and regulations used in those markets.