- All-new turnkey racecar developed to compete on global stage, in GT4 series throughout the world
- The new racecar from Ford is based on the championship-winning Ford Shelby GT350R-C and is built to compete in IMSA (Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge – GS), Pirelli World Challenge (GTS/G4) and GT4 European Series, among others
- Features host of race-proven elements from drivetrain to suspension
Ford Performance today revealed an all-new, track-ready turnkey Mustang racecar that’s ready to compete around the globe - the Ford Mustang GT4.
Unveiled at the 2016 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, the Mustang GT4 has been designed and engineered jointly by Ford Performance and Multimatic Motorsports to compete in sports car championship racing series globally, including the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, Pirelli World Challenge GTS/GT4, and GT4 European Series. It’s inspired by the Ford Shelby GT350R-C that won the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge championship just last month.
“As the Mustang nameplate continually expands its presence in markets throughout the world, so does our relevant motorsport presence,” explained David Pericak, global director of Ford Performance. “The Mustang GT4 is equipped to compete and win on tracks around the globe, and we expect it to be as popular with racers as its production sibling is with consumers.”
The Mustang GT4 is equipped with the next generation, naturally aspirated 5.2L V8 racing engine specifically tuned for GT4 competition. The race engine was engineered, validated and built by Ford Performance in partnership with Roush Yates Engines.
A lightweight, compact six-speed Holinger paddle shift transmission delivers proven race durability with direct-pneumatic activation for fast, positive and consistent gear shifts. The GT4 powertrain also carries a dry sump oiling system, ZF-developed twin-plate racing clutch and flywheel.
Chassis features on the Mustang GT4 include:
- Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve (DSSV™) dampers from Multimatic for advanced predictability, accuracy, repeatability and ultimate vehicle control
- Rear lower control arms (designed specifically for coil-over springs) and front/rear stabilizer bars from Multimatic
- Lightweight 18” x 11” forged alloy wheels from Forgeline
- Rotors and six-piston calipers from Brembo
Aerodynamic enhancements on the Mustang GT4 include a rear wing, the design of which was derived from lessons learned by the Ford GT racing program, front splitter, hood venting, diveplanes and rear diffuser.
On the interior, the Mustang GT4 carries a full FIA-compliant roll cage and race-oriented dash logger from MoTeC.