- 2017 marks the eighth year in a row Ford Motor Company has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute
- The honor recognizes Ford’s focus on being a good corporate citizen, which includes supply chain sustainability, responsible mineral sourcing and initiatives like the Partnership for a Cleaner Environment
- Each year, the Ethisphere Institute recognizes the world’s top companies for driving positive change by mandating ethical practices and promoting corporate citizenship as well as responsible governance and leadership
RELATED: Embracing Green Practices From Ford, Suppliers Showcase Environmentally Friendly Manufacturing
DEARBORN, Mich., March 13, 2017 – With its focus on being a good corporate citizen, Ford Motor Company has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the eighth straight year – the longest streak for any auto manufacturer.
Ford’s commitment to ethics is evident in programs aimed at monitoring human rights and safe working conditions, sourcing conflict-free minerals, to programs such as the Partnership for a Cleaner Environment, which is aimed at encouraging sustainability through Ford’s supply chain.
Ford also fosters long-term relationships with suppliers through active engagement, which includes sharing best practices, as well as providing training and evaluations to ensure suppliers meet both legal requirements and Ford standards.
“Strong ethics and corporate citizenship are the foundation of our business philosophy, which demonstrates to our customers what we stand for as a company,” said Bill Ford, Ford Motor Company Executive Chairman. “This honor is a reflection of Ford’s core values, and it shows that our employees are continuing to make the right decisions every day for all of our stakeholders.”
Ethisphere’s list of the World’s Most Ethical Companies acknowledges and honors companies that recognize they have a role in society to influence or drive a positive change. These companies consider their employees, investors, customers and other key stakeholders when taking action, while their values and culture align with the decisions they make every day.
“Companies we’ve honored as World’s Most Ethical take a novel response to the shift in societal expectations, constant redefinition of laws and regulations, and the geo-political climate,” said Timothy Erblich, Ethisphere’s Chief Executive Officer. “We’ve seen how Ford responds to these challenges, while still investing in communities where they reside and embracing ethical strategies across the globe, as a sustainable business advantage.”
For its efforts, Ford has been recognized by several third-party organizations, including:
- 2017 World’s Most Admired Company by Fortune
- 2016 The Just 100: America’s Best Corporate Citizens by Forbes
- 2016 America’s Best Employer by Forbes
- 2016 Top Green Company by Newsweek
- 2016 World’s Most Attractive Employer for Engineering and IT by Universum
- 2016 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index.
For more information about Ethisphere Institute’s methodology and to view the complete list of 2017 World’s Most Ethical Companies, visit www.ethisphere.com/worlds-most-ethical/wme-honorees/