- Ford’s video series Europe’s Greatest Driving Roads showcases Atlantic Ocean Road
- Jaw-dropping road island hops Norwegian coastline via eight stunning bridges
- Incredible scenery unfolds from behind wheel of exclusive Ford GT supercar
COLOGNE, Germany, Sept. 28, 2017 – It’s an incredible feat of engineering that during the height of summer is bathed in sunlight almost around the clock – and all-year round is guaranteed to quicken the pace of any visitor.
The Atlantic Ocean Road in Norway – the Land of the Midnight Sun – consists of a string of eight bridges that connects the towns of Kårvåg and Vevang in the most dramatic way possible. Not for the fainthearted, especially in adverse weather, there is even one stretch where the road seems to disappear completely.
The location for the latest in the video series Europe’s Greatest Driving Roads is seen through the windscreen of a Ford GT supercar that is later shown setting a fastest lap time at the world’s most northerly racetrack, just 30 kilometres south of the Arctic Circle.
“The Atlantic Ocean Road has to be driven to be believed. Only the most hardened cynic could fail to be unmoved by a journey across scenery of such unimaginable beauty,” said internationally renowned motoring journalist Steve Sutcliffe, who fronts each travelogue of road trip destinations where the history, the view and the culture are as important as the driving thrills. “I had to break our rating system on this occasion, and score the road 11/10 for scenery. What else can you do on a route where you can actually see whales when you are driving along?”
The Norwegian trip is the seventh video in the Europe’s Greatest Driving Roads series, achieving a score of 53/60 on factors including thrills, accessibility and hospitality. The new episode also features the talents of Ford Chip Ganassi Racing driver and Le Mans veteran Stefan Mücke who set a new lap record at the Arctic Circle Raceway in the 655 PS Ford GT that has a top speed of 347 km/h (216 mph).
- The Ford GT drives the iconic Atlantic Ocean Road in Norway (and tackles the Arctic Circle Raceway)
- Ford Focus ST Drives along the MA10 Mountain Road, Mallorca
- Ford Focus ST TDCI Estate Tackles the B500 in The Black Forest, Germany
- Ford Mustang Convertible 2.3 Tackles the D526 & D926 in The Alps
- Ford Fiesta ST Drives on the Stunning C462 through Catalonia
- Ford Focus RS Takes on Blakey Ridge in North Yorkshire, UK
- Ford Mustang Drives on The Transfăgărășan Highway in Romania
# # #