Ford has boosted production of the all-new Fiesta to meet strong demand from customers across Europe – with an extra 100 cars now rolling off the assembly line in Cologne, in Germany, every day.
Last month, Fiesta was the U.K’s top-selling car with 6,434 registrations, * and the best-selling small car in Germany, with 4,660 registrations. ** To keep up with demand, Ford extended existing shifts and added new Saturday shifts in November and December to increase daily production to 1,500 cars.
“The previous Fiesta was already a much-loved car, and if you add to that the many improvements offered with the new model, including our unique pedestrian detection system, this success is not altogether a surprise.” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe.
Already this year, Fiesta has achieved a 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP and attracted a diverse array of awards. These include:
- Rally Car of the Year 2017 – Autosport Awards 2017
- Best Supermini – BBC Top Gear Magazine Award, U.K
- Car of the Year – Carbuyer.co.uk, U.K.
- Car of the Year 2018 – COTY, Greece
- Connected Car of the Year – 01Net, France
- Best User Experience – Diariomotor.com, Spain
- Eco Car of the Year, Small Car of the Year – Car of the Year, Latvia
- Best Supermini – Scottish Car of the Year Awards
- Best Budget Car – Women’s World Car of the Year
- Fleet Car of The Year – Fleet Manager Association., Poland
The Fiesta Titanium, the Ford Performance-inspired Fiesta ST-Line and the upscale Fiesta Vignale, will be joined by the Fiesta Active crossover, early next year – the first in a new line up of rugged-looking Active crossover vehicles to be rolled out across the Ford range. Technology available also includes SYNC 3 connectivity, a premium B&O PLAY Sound System and Active Park Assist with Perpendicular Parking, which helps drivers find suitable spaces and park hands free nose-to-tail and side-by-side with other cars.
To find out more about the new Fiesta range visit http://fiesta.fordpresskits.com/
* Figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), U.K.
** Figures from the Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt, Germany