- Ford’s new Marketplace feature could enable small businesses to save in excess of €500 per vehicle per year, for up to five vehicles, with access to a range of exclusive offers
- Partnerships announced so far include WEX Europe Services fuel payments, tolltickets road toll subscriptions and SumUp card payments
- Marketplace service is available exclusively via FordPass Pro smartphone app – tailored for small business owners and fleets of up to five vehicles
DUNTON, U.K., Nov. 25, 2020 – Ford is launching a new service that promises to lend a hand to small business owners, helping them to thrive even in challenging times.
Marketplace provides exclusive access to offers from trusted partners, with the potential to save time and money on business essentials. Owners of Ford connected commercial vehicles, from the award‑winning Transit Custom Plug-In Hybrid to the new 5-tonne Transit, could save in excess of €500 per vehicle per year through exclusive partner offers on fuel, road tolls and card payments. 1
The new service is part of FordPass Pro, the smartphone app for small businesses and fleets of up to five vehicles. Alongside the app’s remote control and convenience features, owners can now browse details of available partnerships and offers, and simply tap through to sign up with a partner or to find out more. 2
“From couriers putting in the miles to tradespeople putting in the hours, we recognise that for hard-working small-businesses small savings can add up to make a big difference,” said Mark Harvey, director, Enterprise Connectivity, Ford of Europe. “FordPass Pro Marketplace, with its unique cost- and time-saving partner offers, could save customers thousands each year, and is another example of how we are able to use our scale and buying power to help small businesses to thrive.”
There are three Marketplace partnerships at launch:
· WEX Europe Services is one of Europe’s largest providers of flexible fuel cards. Helping Ford owners to fuel-up with ease, the partnership features an exclusive FordPass Pro branded fuel card that can be used at more than 21,000 sites across Europe, offering discounted rates at Esso-branded fuelling stations and acceptance at partner sites including Avia, BP and Shell. 3
· tolltickets (a subsidiary of Kapsch TrafficCom) enables vehicle owners to subscribe and pre-pay for a wide variety of toll services, offering savings on standard tariffs, ease of transit across 15 countries in Europe, and reduced administration overhead thanks to single-supplier monthly billing for the entire small fleet – ideal if work means travelling to new countries on the continent.
· SumUp is an innovative cash-free commerce platform that makes it easier than ever for small businesses to manage their finances and accept card payments – including contactless payments that have grown in popularity during the coronavirus pandemic. Ford customers benefit from discounted hardware and preferential rates, including their first €1,000/£1,000 of transactions free of fees. Payments taken on the platform are available to spend the following day using the SumUp Mastercard, helping businesses to better manage their cashflow.
Marketplace is now available for users of the FordPass Pro smartphone app on Apple and Android platforms in five countries across Europe – France, Germany, Italy, Spain and U.K. – with launches in further markets to follow. 4
Earlier this year, Ford announced that it was further boosting support for its European customers by making the vast majority of its commercial vehicles connected as standard, equipping them with the FordPass Connect modem and making FordPass connected services complimentary. As well as benefiting from the productivity and convenience of remote access via the FordPass Pro smartphone app, regular over‑the‑air software updates help owners maximise vehicle uptime with continuous performance and quality enhancements.
# # #
1 Estimate based on saving in fuel cost for commercial vehicle driving an average mileage of 17,700 km (11,000 miles) per year
2 The FordPass Pro app, FordPass Connect modem (optional on select models) and complimentary connected services are required for remote features (see FordPass terms for details). Connected services and features depend on compatible Vodafone or Vodafone partner network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.
3 Fuel discount applicable in customer’s home market
4 Requires phone with active data service and compatible software. 3rd parties are solely responsible for their respective functionality.