- New Ford B-MAX Colour Edition offers eye-catching exterior with contrasting black roof, mirrors and skid plates; large rear spoiler, privacy glass and unique 16-inch alloy wheels
- Interior features include SYNC connectivity with optional 5-inch display and navigation; optional Cognac stitching for seats, steering wheel, gearshift gaiter and floor mats
- Powerful and efficient 140 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine available for B-MAX from spring 2016, delivering 0-100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration in 10.4 seconds and 116 g/km CO2*
- Ford B-MAX offers unrivalled access with the Ford Easy Access Door System; advanced features also include Active City Stop and the Ford-exclusive MyKey technology
COLOGNE, Germany, Jan. 21, 2016 – The eye-catching new Ford B-MAX Colour Edition offers exclusive and stylish exterior design and bespoke interior details for Ford’s innovative small multi-activity vehicle.
Available to customers in Europe from early this year in a choice of 10 body colours combined with contrasting black roof and mirror housings, the B-MAX Colour Edition also features unique 16-inch alloy wheels with optional black finish, together with a gloss black front grille, black front and rear skid plates, rear privacy glass and a large rear spoiler on the upper tailgate.
Interior specification includes Ford’s voice-activated SYNC connectivity system with optional 5‑inch colour display and navigation system, manual air conditioning, and an optional upgrade pack with contrast stitching in Cognac brown for the seats, steering wheel, gearshift gaiter and floor mats.
“The new B-MAX Colour Edition shows that style and practicality really can go hand-in-hand,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “Head-turning design and sophisticated features like SYNC voice-activated connectivity and the Ford Easy Access Door System make the B-MAX one of the most advanced and innovative small cars in Europe.”
From spring 2016, B-MAX also will be offered with a powerful and efficient 140 PS version of Ford’s multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine. Equipped with Auto-Start-Stop as standard, the engine delivers 0-100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration in 10.4 seconds with 116 g/km CO2 emissions and 5.0 l/100 km (56.5 mpg) fuel economy.*
The Ford Easy Access Door System provides unrivalled access to the B-MAX for passengers and luggage through hinged front doors and sliding rear doors – with integrated pillars. B-MAX was awarded a maximum 2012 5-star rating from independent crash test authority Euro NCAP, and offers advanced technologies including Active City Stop – which support drivers by scanning the road ahead and automatically applying the brakes to reduce the impact of collisions, or avoid them altogether, and the Ford-exclusive MyKey feature – which enables parents to place certain restrictions on young drivers to promote safer driving.
# # #
* The declared Fuel/Energy Consumptions, CO2 emissions and electric range are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors play a role in determining a car's fuel/energy consumption, CO2 emissions and electric range. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming.