2-jun-2016 | COLOGNE, Germany
Ford Launches Sporty New ST-Line: Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line Now Available to Order for the First Time
- Ford launches new ST-Line range of models inspired by Ford Performance vehicles and featuring bold styling, sporty driving dynamics and great value
- Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line are available to order now with sport suspension, unique body kits and alloy wheel designs; sport seats, steering wheel and interior details
- Powerful engine options include multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost with up to 140 PS for Fiesta ST-Line; 1.5-litre EcoBoost with up to 182 PS for Focus ST-Line
- Further two ST-Line models to follow before the end of the year
Ford of Europe today announced a new ST-Line model range, featuring vehicles with sporty styling inspired by Ford Performance and offering a range of powerful and efficient EcoBoost petrol and TDCi diesel powertrain options.
ST-Line launches with the Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST‑Line – both available to order now.
Delivering bold exterior and interior designs inspired by Ford’s acclaimed Fiesta ST and Focus ST performance models, the new Focus ST-Line and Fiesta ST‑Line are designed for customers who aspire to the sporty image of Ford’s ST models – but do not require the full performance delivered by optimised ST engines and chassis with sports technologies.
Both Focus ST-Line and Fiesta ST‑Line are offered with a range of powerful engines including Ford’s multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine; sport suspension and body styling; unique alloy wheel designs; and sport seats, sport steering wheel and alloy pedals for the interior.
“With our new ST-Line range even more customers can experience sporty style and driving dynamics inspired by our most exciting Ford Performance line-up ever, that includes models such as the Focus RS, new Fiesta ST200 and Ford GT supercar” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “This year we expect to sell 40,000 performance cars in Europe, a 50 per cent increase compared with 2015, which in turn saw performance car sales rise by 61 per cent compared with 2014.”
Available in 3-door and 5-door bodystyles, the Fiesta ST-Line is a sporty new addition to Europe’s best-selling small car line-up. The 5-door and wagon Focus ST-Line models further enhance the appeal of the popular family car.
Ford ST-Line models deliver ST-inspired styling that includes:
- A honeycomb design for the trapezoidal front grille; fog lamps with dark surrounds; and a front bumper lip spoiler for Fiesta ST Line and bumper insert for Focus ST-Line
- A rear diffuser element for both models and large rear roof spoiler for Fiesta ST-Line
- A black beltline beneath the windows, deep side-skirts and ST-Line exterior badging on the front wings
- Unique 16-inch alloy wheels for Fiesta ST-Line and 17-inch alloy wheels for Focus ST-Line, both in Rock Metallic Grey
- Sport seats with red stitching and a perforated leather ST-style steering wheel with grey stitching
- ST-style gear knob, a dark woven headliner, and ST-Line scuff plates
Powerful and efficient engines
The new Ford ST-Line models are available only with high-power engine derivatives that complement the enhanced driving dynamics delivered by sport suspension – lowered by 10 mm.
The Fiesta ST-Line is offered with petrol engine options including:
- 100 PS and 125 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost engines with five-speed manual transmission delivering 99 g/km CO2 emissions and 4.3 l/100 km (65.7 mpg) fuel efficiency**
- 100 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost with Ford’s six-speed PowerShift automatic transmission delivering 114 g/km CO2 and 4.9 l/100 km (57.7 mpg)
- 140 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost with five‑speed manual transmission delivering 104 g/km CO2 and 4.5 l/100 km (62.8 mpg)
Also offered for Fiesta ST-Line is Ford’s 95 PS 1.5-litre TDCi diesel with five-speed manual transmission, offering 94 g/km CO2 and 3.6 l/100 km (78.5 mpg).
The Focus ST-Line is offered with petrol powertrains ranging from 125 PS to 182 PS and with six-speed manual, six-speed automatic, or six-speed PowerShift automatic transmissions, including:
- 125 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost delivering from 108 g/km CO2 and 4.7 l/100 km (60.1 mpg)
- 150 PS and 182 PS 1.5-litre EcoBoost delivering from 127 g/km CO2 and 5.5 l/100 km (51.4 mpg)
Ford’s 1.5-litre TDCi diesel is offered for Focus ST-Line with 120 PS delivering from 98 g/km CO2 and 3.8 l/100 km (74.3 mpg); or with 150 PS delivering from 105 g/km CO2 and 4.0 l/100 km (70.6 mpg).
Focus ST-Line also will feature steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters when Ford’s six-speed PowerShift transmission is specified.
“The new Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line will offer customers a chance to enjoy the famous fun-to-drive characteristics and great looks of Ford’s performance models in an exciting and affordable package with a broad range of petrol and diesel engines – and we will be introducing two further models later in the year,” de Waard said.
# # #
** The declared Fuel/Energy Consumptions, CO2 emissions and electric range are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors play a role in determining a car's fuel/energy consumption, CO2 emissions and electric range. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming.