Images, video and audio from this Web site are provided without login for the purpose of editorial use only.
You must contact email@example.com to obtain approval for advertising, marketing or other commercial users.
Ford Media Center
DUBAI, UAE. October 30, 2017 – Ford’s new F-150 debuts for 2018 even tougher, even smarter, and even more capable than ever – with the most advanced F-150 powertrain line-up ever that delivers best-in-class towing for the Middle East’s pickup drivers.
The new F-150 has best-in-class towing capacity (six tonne) available thanks to the powerful second-generation 3.5-litre twin-turbo EcoBoost engine.
“The F-Series has been one of the world’s best-selling trucks for four decades, and the new F-150 is even tougher, even smarter and even more capable for work and play,” said Jacques Brent, president, Ford Middle East and Africa. “Greater functionality and smart technology innovations, with engines with best-in-class towing, delivers on Ford’s promise to give full-size truck customers in the Middle East even more value.”
Three years after introducing a high-strength, military-grade, aluminium-alloy-bodied F-150, a new truck arrives with bold new styling, advanced technologies, a segment-first 10-speed automatic transmission and F-150’s most advanced engine line-up yet. F-150 is part of Ford’s F-Series truck line-up – America’s best-selling truck for 40 consecutive years and its best-selling vehicle for 35 years, and is a true testament to Ford’s 100 year truck heritage and leadership.
New powertrain lineup for available best-in-class towing
The new F-150 offers the F-150’s most advanced engine offerings ever – all to offer the right engine for every hardworking truck customer.
An enhanced 5.0-litre V8 naturally-aspirated engine features significant upgrades for 2018 including advanced dual port and direct-injection technology for more horsepower (395hp*) and additional torque (555Nm). Spray-on bore liner technology also featured in the Shelby GT350® Mustang has been added to squeeze out even more weight from the aluminium block. For the first time, the V8 is paired with the 10-speed SelectShift automatic.
For best-in-class towing, the second-generation 3.5-litre twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 delivers roughly six tonnes of towing capacity when equipped with the optional Trailer Tow feature. With maximum torque of 578 Nm, the new 3.5-litre V6 EcoBoost beats all diesel- and petrol-powered competitors, including V8 engines with nearly twice its displacement. With dual port and direct-injection technology, the 375hp* twin-turbo engine provides ideal low-end and peak engine performance for hauling heavy payloads and towing heavy trailers.
Even the all-new 3.3-litre V6 engine (delivering 290hp* and 356Nm torque) is more efficient, more powerful and delivers more torque to get the job done, compared to the previously standard 3.5-litre V6. Plus, the now standard 3.3-litre provides a five per cent power-to-weight ratio improvement versus the 2014 F-150 featuring steel body and 3.7-litre V6 – with better fuel economy and performance based on EPA-estimated ratings.
Raising the bar through segment-exclusive materials and technologies
More than just styling that creates visually bolder and more planted stance, the new F-150 continues to offer a segment-exclusive combination of advanced materials that have proven durability through extensive real-world performance and inhibit corrosion. A high-strength, military-grade, aluminium alloy body and box that saves weight and adds capability coupled with a high-strength steel fully-boxed ladder frame.
The new Ford F-150 further advances the light-duty pickup truck market with segment-first and class-exclusive technologies that improve productivity, efficiency and driver confidence, while keeping occupants connected to the world around them. Technologies include:
• New segment-first enhanced adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality is available to allow drivers to set a cruising speed. The system then uses radar and camera technology to monitor traffic ahead to maintain a set distance between vehicles – even following a vehicle down to a complete stop
• New segment-first Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection is available to help drivers avoid or mitigate collisions with other vehicles and pedestrians
• New B&O PLAY audio system is available, offering high-end speakers, sound and tuning for a richer, more engaging listening experience
Existing segment-exclusive driver-assist and convenience features include:
• Available Pro Trailer Backup Assist allows F-150 drivers of various skill levels to steer a trailer instinctively using a centre console-mounted dial to back-up a boat launch or park in a driveway
• Available Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage technology is optimised for F-150 to include up to 33 feet of trailer length; BLIS® uses radar sensors in the taillamps to monitor areas that may not be visible to the driver around the truck and trailer
• Available 360-degree camera technology helps improve driver confidence when parking and can help reduce stress when connecting a trailer – allowing customers to see more so they can focus on specific tasks such as lining up a hitch
• Available lane-keeping system is designed to help reduce drifting of the truck outside its intended lane
The new 2018 Ford F-150 will be on the Ford stand at the Dubai International Motor Show from 14-18 November, 2017.
* According to the American Society of Automotive Engineers
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 203,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
Ford’s history in the Middle East goes back more than 60 years. The company’s local importer-dealers operate more than 155 facilities in the region and directly employ more than 7,000 people, the majority of whom are Arab Nationals. For more information on Ford Middle East, please visit www.me.ford.com.
Ford Middle East is also a responsible corporate citizen with currently various CSR initiatives running in the region including the Ford Motor Company Conservation & Environmental Grants, Ford Warriors in Pink® breast cancer awareness campaign, Ford Driving Skills for Life for young drivers and the Henry Ford Entrepreneurship Academy education initiative for young entrepreneurs.