Oct 30, 2013
2013 Ford SEMA Dreamcase
Ford goes further on and off the track for SEMA 2013, with the show’s most exciting project vehicles from the industry’s top builders. Click here to download renderings and descriptions of this year’s extreme #FordSEMA builds. Collect them all.
To download the Dreamcase as a PDF, click here.
Ford F-350 from Cars by Kris Walks a Line between Gritty and Luxury
- Powertrain modifications include a Banks Power Ram-Air Intake, Straight-Shot Water-Methanol Injection System and iQ Man-Machine Interface. Diesel exhaust is carried by MagnaFlow custom pipes
- Carli Suspension upgrades to the chassis handle 22-inch, eight-lug wheels from American Force Wheels with tires from Toyo Tires
- Custom upholstery with hexagon stitched seats, painted interior accents and custom floor mats
The Ford Super Duty from Cars by Kris is where rugged off-road performance meets the feel of a luxury vehicle. Called the High Roller, the team at Cars by Kris installed Banks Power performance products and MagnaFlow exhaust systems for the 6.7-liter PowerStroke diesel engine providing more power and improved fuel efficiency. The High Roller’s chassis has modifications from Carli Suspension and 22-inch eight-lug wheels from American Force Wheels that are wrapped in Open Country tires from Toyo Tires. The interior of the High Roller has custom upholstery with hexagon stitching on the seats and custom gauges. The cabin has also been given upgrades from QuietRIDE Solutions to reduce the amount of noise inside. The High Roller from Cars by Kris is a truck that not only performs but gives class to its utilitarian heritage.
Ford F-350 Goes Off the Grid with EcoTrek
- TransferFlow 50-gallon tank under the bed of the truck and removable 75-gallon tank in the bed
- Can run on diesel, biodiesel or algae-based biodiesel
- 9-inch lift from Bulletproof Suspension with aftermarket shocks and springs
The Ford F-350 by EcoTrek is an ecofriendly ride that is equipped for almost any adventure. EcoTrek estimates a range of up to 1,800 miles per tank, and the truck can run on diesel, biodiesel, algae-based biodiesel or any combination of those fuels. It also has a rooftop shelter, refrigerator, stoves and flexible solar panels that allow it to be used in some of the most rugged locations. The 6.7-liter V8 diesel engine has an ample supply of fuel with Transfer Flow fuel tanks stored under and in the bed of the truck. A 9-inch lift from Bulletproof Suspension with aftermarket shocks and springs has been installed on the chassis. Twenty-inch BMF Wheels have the option of being mounted with one set of BFGoodrich Tires for the street and another set for off-road adventures. The interior has lockable storage cabinets as well as sleeping bags, backpacks and apparel. A custom sliding shelf has also been installed for the locking storage.
Ford F-250 from Hulst Customs is Working for the Weekend
- Banks Power performance upgrades, including a Monster Exhaust and water-methanol injection systems
- 22-inch wheels from American Rebel MFG and tires from Falken Tire
- Two-tone leather interior from Katzkin Leather with custom-painted panels and chrome accents
The Ford F-250 from Hulst Customs is ready for that 7 a.m. commute on Monday, as well as when 5 p.m. hits on Friday. Called the Striker, the team from Hulst Customs created a truck that boasts quality and style with upgrades to the powertrain via Banks Power. It’s also been equipped with 22-inch wheels from American Rebel MFG. wrapped in tires from Falken Tire. The two-tone leather interior is matched with custom-painted black panels and chrome accents. The Striker is meant to be the full package, a truck that will take you wherever your weekend adventures lead.
Ford F-150 Gets Custom Look for an Outdoor Adventure
- 11,000-pound winch from Superwinch
- 20-inch wheels with Fun Country tires from Dick Cepek Tires and Wheels
- CargoGlide storage cargo management system
The Ford F-150 has become even more of a weekend adventure vehicle for the family, courtesy of JR Consulting. Using social media to contact fans of The Sportsman Channel, the team put together a host of items that would benefit people who hunt, fish, hike and camp. The final product was the Adventure Edition F-150, which was given a bevy of custom modifications, including a 6-inch lift kit, custom bumpers and fender flares, 11,000-pound winch and Dick Cepek all-terrain wheels and tires. The interior receivedsimilar treatment, with a Maxxsonics custom audio system that incorporated audio components from MB Quart. It also features a locked storage area from TruckVault and nylon bags from Battle Lake Outdoors. The Adventure Edition F-150 is intended to get the family off to an adventure with ease and comfort.
Backwoods Sportsman Celebrated with Ford F-150 from Skyjacker Suspensions
- Locking storage from TruckVault to safely store gear
- 6-inch lift kit from Skyjacker Suspensions paired with BMF wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Tires
- Bumpers from Fab Fours Inc.
The Ford F-150 from Skyjacker Suspensions is ready to lug that trophy buck back to camp. The 6-inch lift kit from Skyjacker Suspensions, along with tires from BFGoodrich Tires and locked storage area from TruckVault, help give this F-150 serious accessories for people who are into the backwoods lifestyle. From trout fishing in Montana to elk hunting in New Mexico, the F-150 from Skyjacker Suspensions is designed to handle terrains of all kinds during the workweek and the weekend.
Fatal Clothing’s Supercharged Ford F-150 Mixes Street Sense with 650 Horsepower
- 6.2-liter V8 engine matched with twin-screw supercharger from Whipple Industries and performance exhaust system from CGS Motorsports
- 24-inch custom fit DUB wheels from MHT Wheels Inc. wrapped in tires from Falken Tire
- Leather interior from Katzkin Leather with Fatal Clothing logo embroidered in the seats
The style of the street and Southern California lifestyle was used by Fatal Clothing to modify the Ford F-150. Working with Hulst Customs, Fatal Clothing amped the appearance and performance of the F-150 by giving it custom paint work, hood and body kit, as well as fitting its 6.2-liter V8 engine with a twin-screw supercharger from Whipple Industries and a performance exhaust system from CGS Motorsports producing 650 horsepower. The two-tone black and white custom colors were matched with Fatal Clothing graphics and badging. The leather interior is complemented by custom-painted panels and Fatal Clothing artwork. The vision for the F-150 was to create a vehicle that would stick in a person’s mind, creating a modified look that has a clean design, said Bill Gaylord, owner of Fatal Clothing.
Vandemonium in Vegas! Ford Prepares to Unleash 10 Custom Transit Connects at SEMA 2013
- Ford shows off the versatile 2014 Transit Connect with 10 customized van and wagon models (stay tuned for details on No. 10)
- Custom builders will present a variety of ideas, from a mobile upscale clothing boutique to an on-the-go hot rod repair shop
- Ford, a leader in the large passenger vehicle segment with Transit Connect since 2009, plans to launch an all-new Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect cargo van early next year
Ford is going further for the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association show in Las Vegas, inciting Vandemonium with the industry’s top custom builders to transform six Transit Connect cargo vans and four Transit Connect Wagons. These outrageously awesome vehicles include elaborate interior reconstructions, blazing graphics and eye-catching exteriors. Select Transit Connect vehicles are featured as part of Ford’s SEMA Dreamcase.
Read the official press release.
Full-Race Motorsports 400-horsepower Fusion unleashed at SEMA
- 2014 Ford Fusion SE gets 400 horsepower, 350 torque via turbocharger, exhaust upgrades
- Custom leather interior from Katzkin
- In-dash seven-inch touch screen tablet with Android operating system
This 2014 Ford Fusion SE boasts enough horsepower and other upgrades to make any turbo-loving techy want to get behind the wheel. The Full-Race Motorsports team gave the Fusion a boost in power with a BorgWarner turbocharger, which is matched with a cat-back exhaust and cold air intake, for a 400-horsepower midsize sedan. “The powertrain upgrades lend the Fusion substantial increases in horsepower and torque,” said Eric Marquiss, logistics manager for Full-Race Motorsports. Inside, the Fusion is modified with the tech-savvy in mind, with a seven-inch touch screen tablet built into the dash. “The tablet operates on the Android system and allows the driver to do all kinds of data logging or connect to wireless Internet,” said Marquiss. This Fusion has been lowered with accents from a body kit, and features leather seating to build on its reputation as a comfortable yet capable street machine.
DSO Eyewear creates a black tie-ready Fusion with gold bling
- 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium bathed in tuxedo black with gold trim from BASF
- Performance grilles and 3dCarbon body kit
- Powertrain upgrades include Banks Power straight-shot water-methanol injection system and iQ Man-Machine Interface
The 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium just went to the front of the line after getting a seductive, sleek modification by DSO Eyewear. This top-range midsize sedan has been brought up to another level of elegance with custom tuxedo black paint with gold accents from BASF. Custom-finished 21-inch wheels from Niche Road Wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero Nero tires complete the ensemble. Fusion’s 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine and six-speed automatic transmission have received upgrades like a Banks Power straight-shot water-methanol injection system to lend a performance edge. The interior provides additional comfort and style with suede, custom seat inserts made from perforated material, gold-painted accents from BASF and a Rockford Fosgate audio system.
Southern California car culture celebrated with Focus ST by PM Lifestyle
- Ford Focus ST ready to burn rubber in road rallies with performance powertrain upgrades, including Banks Power straight-shot water-methanol injection system and iQ Man-Machine Interface
- Nineteen-inch Rotiform wheels wrapped in GT Radial Champiro tires
- Sparco seats with Schroth Racing five-point harness
The 2014 Ford Focus ST is ready for Targa Trophy road rallies and the Southern California sun after being given a makeover by PM Lifestyle. Working with Infinite Auto Design, the team gave this Focus ST a custom harness bar, carbon fiber exterior pieces and a custom paint job from Axalta. The additional horsepower comes from a number of modifications from Banks Power, COBB Tuning and Ford Racing. The chassis has been given a serious upgrade, with coilovers and sway bars, as well as a brake system from Wilwood. The interior reflects the serious road rally theme, with Sparco Chrono Road seats and five-point harness from Schroth Racing.
Vintage livery lives on with Green Filter USA Focus ST
- Vintage livery used on Ford Focus ST is a tribute to the involvement and tradition of Ford Motor Company in motorsports
- Builders worked to mimic details from the original livery vehicle, including exhaust outlets on the custom exhaust kit
- Eighteen-inch wheels from American Racing Wheels wrapped in Falken tires
Ford Motor Company’s accomplishments in the pages of racing history are inspiration for this Green Filter USA 2014 Ford Focus ST that is beautiful to look at on or off the track. The signature green and gold colors lend a vintage look that brings back the excitement of the Lotus-Ford that won the 1965 Indianapolis 500. This Focus ST also has a high-performance air filter with custom intake and exhaust for more power. The builders took care to mimic cues from the original race car, like the large conical exhaust outlets. The heritage built Focus has a suspension by Ground Force that is tuned for the commute to work or the weekend racer. This build was challenging for us to make sure we brought the attention to detail of the 1965 race car to a modern day vehicle. Matching the livery colors from the original car’s acrylic paint job, to red interior and accents and the famous exhaust are all key features we wanted to display on this Focus build. The original 1965 Lotus-Ford race car is on permanent display in Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.
Focus ST ready to fight crime with rally theme from DRAGG
- Drag Racing Against Gangs & Graffiti creates a rally-themed vehicle for law enforcement with Ford Focus ST
- Equipped with LED emergency lights and custom interior rifle rack
- Powertrain has Vortech Engineering upgrades for added horsepower
This 2014 Ford Focus ST is ready to clean up the streets in a custom paint job that makes it the perfect partner for law enforcement. Drag Racing Against Gangs & Graffiti, or DRAGG, uses the automotive industry and its products to help youth focus on their future and avoid making decisions that could have a negative impact on their life. The Focus ST provided for the build serves as a way to channel that message and target a younger audience. The end result is a vehicle for law enforcement that has an eye-catching rally paint scheme and graphics. This Focus isn’t all show either, with a Borla-designed high-performance bolt-on cat-back exhaust with dual 4.5-inch polished stainless steel tips, wheels from Motegi Racing, suspension from Eibach Springs and Wilwood Engineering brakes. The law enforcement influence includes a custom push bar, interior rifle rack and LED emergency lights.
Focus ST gets vintage Gulf Racing livery in performance makeover
- Ford Focus ST sports vintage Gulf Racing scheme with Axalta paint and custom flares by DTM Autobody
- Nineteen-inch Forgestar wheels wrapped in Falken tires
- High-performance modifications to the chassis like Baer brakes and a KW suspension kit
The rich history of Gulf Racing from the 1960s and 1970s inspired Universal Technical Institute to create a vintage look for a modern rally-based 2014 Ford Focus ST. The team joined forces with Neil Tjin of Tjin Edition to design the exterior look using the recognizable blue and orange livery of Gulf Racing. This Gulf Racing Focus has custom dual-side exhausts exiting from an intercooler kit by Vortech Superchargers and a high-flow catalytic converter from Motiv Concepts that gives the driver more ponies. Nineteen-inch deep-concave Forgestar wheels wrapped in Falken tires help make this Gulf Racing Focus ST a track star for the street.
3dCarbon gives Fiesta European flavor without losing American roots
- 3dCarbon/Air Design body kit with front air dam, splitter, side skirts, rear lower diffuser and rear upper hatch spoiler
- 19-inch Pinzette-M Forgiato wheels with Pirelli tires (215/35/R19)
- Pecca Leather red-and-black two-tone interior with contrast stitching
This 2014 Ford Fiesta by 3dCarbon makes a bold statement with road-hugging curves and race-inspired styling. Using a body kit, 3dCarbon modified the Fiesta by giving it an aggressively sculpted front air dam with splitter, aerodynamic side skirts and a rear lower diffuser accented with black trim. Designed for the sport compact enthusiast, this 3dCarbon Fiesta is intended to be an amalgamation of European road touring car and American muscle car. The company began making body kits for the 2010 Fiesta, said Ernie Bunnell, vice president of sales and marketing for 3dCarbon. The intent has been to create a European-influenced body kit resulting in a more aggressive look that isn’t too over the top, he said.
Ice Nine Group creates rally race-ready Fiesta ST
- Ice Nine Group designed fender flares, carbon fiber hood, rear wing, moonroof plug with room vent and carbon fiber quarter window plugs with duct vents for added cooling in the cabin
- W2 Graphic Specialists provided full vinyl wrap and special window tinting
- 17-inch BRAID wheels with Falken Azenis RT615K tires (215/40/R17)
The Ice Nine Group has turned this Ford Fiesta ST into a vehicle that could be the ultimate weapon for any choice of roadway. The inspiration for this modified Fiesta ST is a full-on race car for alternative forms of motorsports, according to Keith Strong, president of Ice Nine Group. Working with rally racing driver Tim O’Neil, the team created a vehicle that has a road racing and global rally flavor. Ice Nine Group was also able to use a number of new custom carbon fiber products for the body to help create a beautiful vehicle suited for paved or gravel roads.
MRT brings Forza Motorsport 5 Fiesta ST to life
- Multiple upgrades to the powertrain including high-performance, stainless steel Eco-Flow exhaust system and COBB Tuning induction and cooler for optimum inlet airflow
- Sherwin-Williams custom two-tone paint applied by MRT
- H&R Special Springs coilover suspension, Steeda Autosports adjustable panhard bar and performance brakes
This 2014 Ford Fiesta ST by MRT takes a stylish street performer out of the digital realm and into the real world. The Fiesta ST, which will be featured in the upcoming “Forza Motorsport 5” video game for Xbox One, has a custom two-tone paint job that mixes blazing green and deep black, with bright red accents. It also has performance stance and sound, with a modified chassis and powertrain that provides a strong balance to its eye-catching appearance. The Forza Motorsport 5 Fiesta is intended to build a bridge between automotive enthusiasts and gamers, creating a vehicle that is literally a transition from the game to the real world, said Scott Hoag, CEO of MRT. “What you see in the game is what you will experience on the road,” Hoag said.
Bojix Design delivers a Fiesta ST ready to take curves in style
- Custom BASF paint job by Bojix Design
- Incorporates a specially designed three-inch cat-back exhaust system by Bojix Design and Banks Straight-Shot water-methanol injection system with iQ Man machine interface
- Modified suspension
This 2014 Ford Fiesta ST by Bojix Design gives a driver slot car handling with further modifications that add to its appearance. From the suspension upgrades, such as coilovers, to powertrain modifications, like the three-inch cat-back exhaust system, the Fiesta ST provides an inspiring driving experience. Custom paint, using colors from BASF, matches a deep black and rich white with blazing orange accents. The final product is a Fiesta ST that is tastefully aggressive, blending improved handling with an eye-catching appearance.
COBB Tuning/Tanner Foust Racing gives salute to U.S. military with Fiesta ST
- LGE*CTS Motorsports custom digital camouflage paint and carbon hood from Ice Nine Group
- Interior features COBB Tuning/Tanner Foust Racing shift knob, embroidered floor mats and headrests
- KICKER audio system
Stand and salute this 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, which has been transformed into a tribute to the U.S. armed forces in a partnership that includes COBB Tuning and Tanner Foust Racing, to raise awareness for the Pat Tillman Foundation. COBB Tuning led the build on the vehicle, which is covered in an urban military digital camouflage and packed with custom powertrain modifications including a full three-inch turbo exhaust and cold air intake. The decision to create a military-inspired Fiesta is part of COBB Tuning’s continued support of U.S. military personnel and the Pat Tillman Foundation, which provides resources and educational scholarship support for veterans, active service members and their spouses. This COBB Tuning/Tanner Foust Racing Fiesta ST will tour military bases throughout 2014 following the SEMA show.
Don’t Mess With a Yellow Jacket: Vortech’s Supercharged Ford Mustang Packs a SEMA Sting
- Webasto custom electronic sunroof
- Wheels and tires: iForged Icon three-piece wheels – 20- x 9-inch front, 20- x 11-inch rear (black chrome centers with flat black lips) wrapped in Falken Azenis FK453 tires (275/40/20 front, 315/35/20 rear)
- Suspension and braking: Custom powder-coated Maximum Motorsports Road & Track box suspension package and Baer 6S six-piston brakes at all four corners
The Project Yellow Jacket Ford Mustang, created by the team at Vortech Superchargers and Neil Tjin, packs a serious sting for its upcoming debut at the 2013 SEMA show in Las Vegas.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group at Vortech. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The team at Vortech added 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer kit, along with a carbon-fiber cowl induction hood and other carbon accents from TruFiber all finished in a custom paint supplied by DuPont.
Under the carbon-fiber hood sits the potent 5.0-liter Coyote V8 engine topped off with a Vortech V-3 Si supercharging system packing 605 horsepower and 473 lb.-ft. with 7.5 psi of boost.
Fighting Above Its Weight Class – Hollywood Hot Rods Ford Mustang GT Convertible Goes Supercar Style for SEMA
- Features a hand-formed aluminum removable roof
- 5.0-liter V8 puts out an estimated 750 horsepower
- Incorporates a Banks Straight-Shot Water-Methanol injection system with IQ Man Machine interface
Like a middleweight who decides to challenge a heavyweight in the ring, Hollywood Hot Rods decided to take on the supercars with its 2014 Ford Mustang GT convertible at SEMA 2013. While the classic style and proportions of Mustang say performance even in stock form, the team at Hollywood Hot Rods wanted to create something truly unique with this project car.
“We really wanted to take the customization of this Mustang to the next level,” said Troy Ladd, owner of Hollywood Hot Rods. “Instead of simply adding accessories and a custom paint job, we wanted to really change the car.
“So we decided to redesign some key elements of the car, like the roof and rear section; to create a completely new and bold design that propels Mustang into supercar status while retaining classic Mustang DNA.”
More than 150 hours of went into reshaping the entire rear section of the Mustang project car in metal. Another 250 hours of hand-forming went into crafting the aluminum lift-off roof. All body modifications including the front splitter, side scoops, skirts and diffuser are custom fabricated in aluminum.
This Hollywood Hot Rods Mustang has the mechanical credentials to back up its looks, with a Ford Racing Whipple supercharger and Banks Straight-Shot Water-Methanol injection system with IQ Man Machine interface, bringing the 5.0-liter V8 to an estimated 750 horsepower. Underneath, a Cortex Racing X-treme grip track suspension system keeps the tires planted so all that power can be put to use.
“We used extreme body modifications, serious race car handling, huge horsepower and a full custom interior to create an American supercar,” added Ladd.
Nitto Fans the Ford Mustang Flame with Race Red SEMA Project Car
- Features a 3dCarbon body kit to visually lower the vehicle
- Front end sporting a Classic Design Concepts performance grille
- Onyx Race Red paint with jet black stripes to match its Wilwood brake calipers
Red is the color that screams performance, and it certainly works for the 2014 Ford Mustang GT created by Nitto Tire for the upcoming SEMA show in Las Vegas. Designed to enhance the natural athleticism of Mustang’s curves, the team added a bold 3dCarbon body kit to visually lower the car, and a Classic Design Concepts performance grille to feed all the air the engine and cooling system will ever need.
The muscular body is finished in custom BASF R-M Onyx Race Red paint with jet black stripes and that matches the red Wilwood brake calipers. A fiery look like this needs plenty of “go” to accompany the “show,” and this pony delivers.
The 5.0-liter Coyote V8 makes a great starting point for a racy Mustang. Nitto turned to Ford Racing for upgrades including a new intake manifold, Ford Racing Performance Parts 65-millimeter twin-bore throttle body and matching air intake to feed the V8, with Tune Logics calibration to make it sing. Nitto Tire NT05 Max performance rubber on Niche Plus A220 three-piece forged wheels keep everything connected to the pavement.
These vehicles have been modified by independent modifiers and display of these vehicles is not intended to nor does it constitute an endorsement of the vehicle modifier, vehicle modifications or use of the vehicle by Ford Motor Company. Modifications to these vehicles may not be street legal or certified under Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and regulations or emissions regulations of the U.S. EPA or California. Vehicles that are neither street legal nor certified under FMVSS and safety and emission regulations are neither intended nor certified for use on public roads.