Mar 3, 2015 | INDIANAPOLIS
Ford Telematics Delivers Innovative Fleet Management Solutions for Ford’s Global Commercial Vehicle Customers
- Ford Telematics™ powered by Telogis® is a next-generation cloud-based fleet management solution that helps commercial customers better manage vehicles and improve their customer service
- Ford Telematics adds new services, real-time actionable analytics and communications capabilities globally
- Ford Telematics available today for 2009 and newer Ford F-Series, Transit Connect, Transit and E-Series vehicles, as well as for Police Interceptor Utility and Sedan
Indianapolis, March 3, 2015 – Ford Motor Company introduces Ford Telematics™ powered by Telogis® to help fleets run more efficient operations and better serve their customers.
Ford Telematics is the next generation of the fleet management platform previously known as Crew Chief™ powered by Telogis, which was available in the United States and Canada. The new version will be available globally and adds new features and analytics.
“Commercial trucks have to be more than delivery boxes on wheels, and innovations like Ford Telematics are critical to helping our fleet customers succeed,” said Raj Nair, Ford chief technical officer and group vice president, Global Product Development. “Ford, in coordination with Telogis, is leading the development of smart solutions for hardworking fleets so they can maximize their operations to better serve their customers.”
Ford Telematics is a suite of cloud-based applications that gives Ford customers visibility into the workday of every driver in the field. The technology is designed to provide exclusive metrics and insights for any size commercial fleet.
Ford Telematics services and features include:
- Mobile connectivity: Connects workers in the field with fleet managers to coordinate Department of Transportation compliance (including hours of service and driver vehicle inspection reports), work orders and more
- Data reporting: Ford-exclusive data and services for more vehicle intelligence, such as diesel emissions and idle time
- Workflow and information gateways: Integration with new workflows, scripted alerts and application programming interfaces that connect Ford Telematics with customer information systems to leverage data in new ways in the back office or in the field
- In-cab alerts: Provide audible driver feedback on harsh acceleration, hard braking, excessive speed and excessive vehicle idle time
- Driver scorecards: Customizable driver behavior scorecards, dashboards and optional Telogis Coach, an industry-first driver feedback mobile application for Android or iOS
- Fuel management: Fuel management reports and dashboards
- Dashboards: Ready-to-use dashboards monitor driver behavior and operations to help ensure the fleet is running efficiently and productively
- Customizable reports: Easier-to-use reports with new user interface improvements, resource filtering and more output formats
Ford Telematics is available from the factory and as a dealer-installed aftermarket option, giving fleets access to actionable analytics even after they place their vehicle orders.
Ford Telematics can be financed with the purchase of a Ford vehicle and is covered under a three-year/36,000-mile limited warranty. The system is serviceable at Ford dealerships.
“With the launch of Ford Telematics, we renew our commitment to providing Ford customers with a best-in-class, mission-critical platform on which they can manage every aspect of their mobile business,” said Susan Heystee, executive vice president, worldwide sales at Telogis. “The key benefit to customers is improved workforce utilization and fleet productivity that’s easily ordered in Ford trucks with the technology built right in.”
Ford Telematics is available today in North America for 2009 or newer models of the following Ford vehicles:
- Super Duty and F-150 pickups – part of the F-Series lineup, America’s best-selling trucks for 38 years
- Transit – America’s best-selling full-size van
- Transit Connect – with best-in-class EPA-estimated fuel efficiency ratings
- E-Series vans
- Police Interceptor Utility and Sedan – America’s best-selling law enforcement vehicles – through Ford Telematics powered by Telogis Law Enforcement Edition
The system will be introduced on F-650/F-750 trucks for 2016.
Additionally, Ford Telematics soon will be available around the world for Ford commercial customers.
“We want to have one solution customers can rely on no matter where in the world they do business and where they are buying Ford vehicles,” said Nair. “They will be able to walk into a dealer in North America, Germany, Australia or anywhere and ask for one brand, one product.”