Images, video and audio from this Web site are provided without login for the purpose of editorial use only.
You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain approval for advertising, marketing or other commercial users.
Ford Media Center
1. Sales momentum is strong. Since introduction in the summer of 2016, Ford has sold over 3,500 Focus RS models in the U.S., averaging more than 500 vehicles per month.
2. Popularity spread across the country. The Focus RS is most popular in California with 627 sold to date. Second is Michigan (256), third is Texas (244), fourth is Florida (230) and fifth is Pennsylvania (192).
3. Customers are going fully-loaded. The average transaction price for a Focus RS in the U.S. is $42,351 since it went on sale in the summer of 2016. This is more than $6,000 above the base price for the car.
4. Customers ticking boxes. The ‘RS2 package’ available for $2,785 in the U.S. – including leather-trimmed RECARO® Seats with an 8-way power driver's seat, heated exterior mirrors, front-seats and steering wheel and Ford’s Voice-Activated Navigation System – has been chosen by more than 62% of buyers to date.
5. Gray is the new Black. Stealth Gray is the most-popular color in the U.S. with 32% sales, closely followed by Nitrous Blue (30%), then Shadow Black (20%) and Frozen White (18%).
“Sales momentum for the Focus RS has been incredible in the U.S. for the first six months,” said Jessica Bishop, Focus marketing manager, Ford North America. “Uniquely for a performance vehicle, we haven’t seen any sales decline during the winter months, but rather customer interest has picked up thanks to AWD availability.”
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 196,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.