- Traction control and Electronic Stability Control now standard on tractor models (optional on F-750 diesel model*)
- Automatic regeneration inhibitor (diesel model only) and available 240-amp alternator (gas models only)
- New Stone Gray exterior paint color added
Fully reengineered for the 2016 model year, the newest-generation Ford F-650 and F-750 trucks continue to expand Ford truck sales in the medium-duty segment.
The F-650 and F-750 lineup includes Regular Cab, SuperCab and Crew Cab body styles, as well as straight-frame, kick-up frame Pro Loader and a new dedicated tractor model for heavy towing applications.
Traction control and Electronic Stability Control are new for 2018. Electronic Stability Control is now standard on tractor models and optional on F-750 diesel models (diesel requires 14,000 GAWR and 13,000-pound front springs and airbrakes with traction control*). Automatic regeneration inhibitor is optional on diesel models, and gasoline-powered models get an available 240-amp alternator.
Also new for 2018 are full-width 3-inch bumper extensions, a new Stone Gray exterior paint color, and relocated dipsticks to allow on-ground access.
Ford powertrain, engineered and purpose-built for Ford trucks
Ford designs and builds its own diesel engine and transmission combination – ensuring the powertrain will work seamlessly with all chassis components and vehicle calibrations, and providing customers with streamlined service.
The Ford 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 turbo diesel engine delivers standard 270 horsepower and 675 lb.-ft. of torque, plus available engine outputs of 300 horsepower with 700 lb.-ft. of torque and 330 horsepower with 725 lb.-ft. of torque. The engine is backed by a five-year/250,000-mile warranty. Power is distributed via a TorqShift HD transmission and from an available power takeoff with up to 200 lb.-ft. torque output.
Ford remains the only manufacturer to offer a gasoline-powered engine in the medium-duty truck segment. The 6.8-liter V10 with 320 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque is available for both F-650 and F-750 models with the heavy-duty, Ford-built TorqShift six-speed automatic transmission. The 6.8-liter engine can be factory-prepped for converting to compressed natural gas or liquid propane gas as cost-effective alternatives to gasoline. Optional power takeoff for the gas engine now offers mobile and live drive mode.
Ford F-650 and F-750 trucks provide the ideal combination of value, capability and upfit readiness in the medium-duty truck segment. These attributes underscore F-650 and F-750’s position as the future of medium-duty trucks:
- Tough: Fully designed and developed by Ford truck engineers in Dearborn, Michigan; robot-tested on taxing durability courses too demanding for human drivers; 500,000-plus miles of harsh dynamometer engine testing at extreme power levels and temperatures
- Work-ready: Ford’s upfit-friendly chassis developed in cooperation with leading industry body makers; clean chassis – capable of accommodating vocational bodies with little to no modification – can save time and expense
- Great value: Choice of segment-exclusive 6.8-liter V10 gas engine or 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 turbo diesel – both backed by Ford’s TorqShift HD six-speed automatic transmission enhanced for medium-duty use with great power, performance and efficiency; supported by a national network of Ford service centers to minimize downtime
# # #
*Electronic Stability Control optional on F-750 diesel models, requires 14,000 GAWR and 13,000-pound front springs and airbrakes with traction control (limited availability at launch).