Images, video and audio from this Web site are provided without login for the purpose of editorial use only.
You must contact email@example.com to obtain approval for advertising, marketing or other commercial users.
Ford Media Center
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – MAY 23, 2023: Ford Australia is proud to confirm that the newest addition to its award-winning Everest SUV family is the new Wildtrak special edition. Revealed earlier this year, the Everest Wildtrak is designed with those wanting to conquer everyday front of mind – building on the variants’ 14-year history with the Ranger ute.
The Everest Wildtrak enters the Australian line-up as the top adventure trim, with exclusive exterior and interior detailing and a recommended Manufacturer List Price (MLP)1 of $73,090. The Everest Wildtrak has a ‘best of both worlds’ mentality with finishes perfect for the customer that wants an SUV that blends go-anywhere ability with eye-catching design.
“The 2022 Everest set new standards for performance, comfort and versatility in the seven-seat, large SUV segment,” said David Grice, chief platform engineer for Ranger and Everest. “With the addition of Everest Wildtrak, Australian families can now choose an SUV without compromise when it comes to combining work and play.”
Available in limited numbers, the Everest Wildtrak is offered exclusively with the muscular 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel engine, full-time 4WD, and 10-speed automatic transmission. With 184kW and 600Nm on offer, the Everest Wildtrak retains an impressive maximum braked towing capacity of 3500kg (braked)2 when fitted with the optional factory Tow Pack, which includes an integrated trailer brake controller.3
The Ranger Wildtrak variant was first introduced in 2009, blending tough-truck credentials with family-friendly comforts. Influenced by that vehicle’s design language, the Everest Wildtrak boasts a range of design and styling enhancements that help broaden Everest’s appeal. Along with unique front grille and bumper design, the bonnet, doors and rear tailgate are all adorned with bold Wildtrak badging. Like its ute sibling, the Everest Wildtrak is now available in Luxe Yellow4 – a first in the nameplates’ history.
“Australians understand what the Wildtrak badge means – which is why it is one of our most popular Ranger variants – and we’re thrilled to add it to the Everest family for the first time,” added Andrew Birkic, President and CEO, Ford Australia and New Zealand. “Everest Wildtrak will give customers a vehicle that helps them go wherever their adventurous spirit takes them, and puts a smile on their face while doing it.”
Ford Everest Wildtrak owners will have a pair of wheel and tyre packages to choose from. As standard the seven-seat SUV is fitted with 20-inch Asphalt Matt Black machined-face alloy wheels with all-season tyres, while an 18-inch Bolder Grey alloy wheel and all-terrain tyre combination is available as a no-cost option. For peace of mind, both offerings are provided with a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System as standard. Similarly, the bumper H-bar, grille surround, wheel lip mouldings, fender vents and mirror caps are all finished in Bolder Grey, while chrome stand-off roof rails adorn the top of the Wildtrak.
Unique styling additions for the Everest Wildtrak also extend to the inside of the luxurious and tech-filled cabin, headlined by ebony leather with striking Cyber Orange stitching. The driver of the Everest Wildtrak is treated to a 10-way powered adjustable seat with memory function, while the front passenger has eight-way adjustability. Both front seats benefit from heated and ventilated functionality. A panoramic roof is standard, along with 360-degree camera5, exterior zone lighting6, and ambient interior lighting.
Final specification will be announced closer to launch.
# # #
1. Recommended MLP only, including LCT. As always, the selling price of any vehicle or option is entirely at the discretion of the Dealer.
2. Maximum towing capacity-braked using a Genuine Ford tow pack. Subject to State and Territory regulations. To comply with these limits, occupants and / or luggage may need to be restricted to not exceed the GCM and GVM limits. For further details regarding passenger and luggage restrictions, please consult your authorized Ford Dealer and / or refer to the Owner’s Manual.
3. Recommended MLP of $1,700 (Incl. GST). Factory Options can be ordered before a vehicle is manufactured at additional cost. Drivers will need to create a profile of their trailers in SYNC to support the Trailer Brake Controller and must set the gain on the Brake Controller unit.
4. Prestige paint at a recommended MLP of $700 (Incl. GST).
5. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. May not operate at certain speeds, or in certain driving, road or weather conditions. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
6. Zone Lighting will not operate if battery charge is insufficient. The length of time that Zone Lighting will operate depends on the battery charge, the types of lights fitted to the vehicle (LED or Bulb) and other electrical loads connected to the vehicle. The system will automatically turn off after a period of time to preserve the battery‘s engine starting performance.
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan, that is committed to helping build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams. The company’s Ford+ plan for growth and value creation combines existing strengths, new capabilities and always-on relationships with customers to enrich experiences for and deepen the loyalty of those customers. Ford develops and delivers innovative, must-have Ford trucks, sport utility vehicles, commercial vans and cars and Lincoln luxury vehicles, as well as connected services. Additionally, Ford is establishing leadership positions in mobility solutions, including self-driving technology, and provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. Ford employs about 176,000 people worldwide. More information about the company, its products and Ford Credit is available at corporate.ford.com.