Jan 7, 2014 | Las Vegas
ADT Pulse Customers to Access Home and Business Security Systems Using Ford SYNC AppLink
- ADT announces its Pulse smartphone app will soon be compatible with Ford SYNC® AppLink™, giving drivers the ability to monitor their home or business security while on the road using simple voice commands
- When using ADT Pulse with Ford SYNC AppLink, customers can verify that their security system is active and that windows and doors are locked while on the road, saving time and fuel
Leading security provider ADT® today announces its Pulse app will be compatible with the Ford SYNC® in-car connectivity system. Using the SYNC AppLink™ interface, drivers will be able to arm and disarm their security system, make sure doors and windows are closed, and take other steps to ensure the security of their property using simple voice commands.
“ADT is constantly seeking ways to enhance both security and convenience for our customers in an increasingly mobile world,” said Arthur Orduna, senior vice president and chief innovation officer of ADT. “By working together with Ford, ADT is able to provide a safe way for drivers to quickly address their security concerns while on the road.”
To use ADT Pulse with SYNC AppLink, drivers of equipped Ford vehicles need the Pulse app installed on an iOS or Android-based smartphone. The app will then be automatically available when the phone is connected to SYNC. Drivers simply need to press the SYNC voice button on the steering wheel to launch the ADT Pulse app, and then, using intuitive voice commands, can remotely manage their home and business security with a number of functions, including:
- Check system status – Allows driver to double check that the security system is armed and that windows and doors are shut and locked
- Arm and disarm system – From the road, drivers will be able to arm or disarm their home security system
- Open a door – Whether for a child coming home early from school or a caregiver needing immediate access, this feature allows drivers to remotely grant entry to whomever needs it
- Automate home entry and access – Drivers can automatically adjust lighting and heating so that the premises will be set to their preferences upon arrival
“The ADT Pulse app shows that everything in our lives is becoming increasingly interconnected,” said Julius Marchwicki, global product manager for Ford SYNC AppLink. “Now, working with other technology companies, we are able to see what a truly connected world is starting to look like.
“This app gives drivers the ease of controlling their home or business security, while keeping hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.”
The ADT Pulse app, for both iPhone and Android devices, will soon be compatible with Ford SYNC AppLink.
SYNC AppLink is available on more than 1.5 million Ford vehicles including Fiesta, Mustang, Edge, Explorer, Flex, Expedition, Transit Connect, Fusion, Taurus, F-150, Super Duty, Focus, E-Series and C-MAX hybrids.